It's important to have the most effective workflow's in place from the outset, for this reason we change a few settings before you get your account. This helps us maintain your service by sharing certain calendar events through our tried and tested workflow methods.
Initial steps carried out on your new business calendar by Showcase Imagery staff include:
- Activating the calendar and attaching it to your mobile device, through use of a verify sms message. Please forward us the code by email or text if you haven't already done so.
- Alterations to the General settings
- Default timezone to your country and added the same label.
- Changed date format to DD/MM/YYYY standardised UK method.
- Time format to 24 hour - tried and tested to cause less errors, check your staff know how the 24 hour clock works; lots don't know!
- Set default Meeting time as Speedy, 50 Minutes - Encourage meeting efficiency and get to your next meeting on time. 30 minute meetings end 5 minutes early, 1 hour meetings end 10 minutes early, etc.
- Set the Custom View to 2 weeks - Good for a short term overview when booking appointments in.
- Added your business location postal/zip code - This allows Google Maps to suggest travel methods (upon event notification) via the Where field when creating a calendar event.
- Altered default weather format to °C.
- Allowed declined events to still be shown in your calendar - You are then able to change your mind at any point thereafter.
- Set the invitations notification to Yes with reminders under the Yes or Maybe responses.
- Added video call events to your calendar by default - an integral part of Google's future plans, learn more and try out the service with us here at Showcase Imagery.
- Created a new calendar to share our businesses workflow (with you) through
- The calendar will show up under your My Calendars and allows us two way project planning on current and future events. If you need to apply this method for your clients/customers we recommend you see article
- The title of the calendar will be business specific but always includes SI somewhere in the title. Please do not change the name of this calendar.
- If you want to change the colour of all related calendar events created on your side of the shared calendar, simply hover over the calendar name and use the dropdown arrow to select a new (or custom) colour.
- Created your Company-Wide calendar
- Enabling all employees (with an apps account) to access and use the space
- Allowing appointments made through the "office" to be sent directly to clients
- Providing an overview of appointments and events to all relevant employees.
Enabled the following Labs settings to smooth your workflow.
Jump to date
Who's my one-on-one with?
We've activated notifications and reminders on your personal calendar with these presets
Pop-Up reminder - 30 Mins
SMS reminder - 2 Hours
Email reminder - 2 Days
Email reminder - 8 Days
We have also applied the above settings to our shared calendar. During the setup phases this might issue frequent alerts and reminders to you, this becomes far less frequent as you become use to using the Google Apps account.
If you want to sync your calendar to other devices on Android and iSO please refer to How to sync calendars with mobile devices.